Lost in Philly

I’m in Philadelphia. I boarded a train yesterday and today I’m here.

I’d like to blog about that. I’d like to blog about how I’m meeting up with one of my oldest friends in the world. Or about how she’s an Ivy League grad and so are all her friends and I’m a stay-at-home mom. I’m feeling a little inadequate.

I’d like to blog about these things, but I lost my phone on the freaking train when I was getting off and now I’m in mourning. Seriously, y’all, it’s bad. No instant access to my e-mail or Twitter. No ability to snap a quick picture. Like right now–I’m all dressed up and waiting for all these chicks to arrive from New York. Wouldn’t you like to see my dress? My shoes? No? Well, that’s good because I have no phone. Please give me a second to weep. I won’t even get into how weird it is not having regular Charlie updates–I think my uterus is going to go on strike– there’s no way to describe it other than to say, “it sucks.”

Ok, enough melodrama. I’ll be back Monday. I feel OK telling the Internet I’m out of town since Hubby is still home with Charlie. And a shotgun. So don’t try to rob me, OK?

I might manage to get up a post in the meantime about how I had to get into a fist fight with the school district.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Comments

1. Candace says:

You poor thing! What will you do? OMG….

2. Kristina says:

You're in Philly! I'm from there. It's a shame I didn't know so we could meet in person. Enjoy your trip and I hope you are reunited with your phone sometime soon!

3. GingerB says:

I mourn your phone with you. And I hate that feeling of self blame for letting it happen. So, I absolve you. Now go forth have fun. I kinda love Philly after doing an internship there. I hope you eat an amish pretzel in the Reading Terminal Market. I really do!

4. Oh that really does suck.

Have fun with your friends.

5. The Henrys says:

Sorry about your phone!

I hope you have a wonderful time away with your friends!

I can't wait to hear about the fight with the school!!

6. A TRAIN!!! Now, why didn't I think of that. We'll be taking a train to Johns Hopkins.

Hope you have a great time and get a new phone ASAP. I would have loved to see your shoes. πŸ˜‰

7. A few words from the wise ... says:

I lost my phone in Thibodaux Sunday. Get thee to an AT&T store!

8. when i realize i don't have my cell phone with me, after the initial, OMG, what if…. i find it joyously liberating to be cellphone free!

9. May you take solace in some delicious cheese steaks :)

I'd freaking freak the freak out without my phone, by the way. You are being brave!!

Yes I want to see the dress!!!

11. Have fun in Philly! If you ever make it to this side of the state (Pittsburgh) I'll buy you lunch :)

I could not imagine being without my phone. So sorry for your loss.

And hurry back, I can't wait to hear about the fist fight with the school!!! (Way to leave us hanging….)

Losing your phone sucks!

Can't wait to hear all about your weekend when you're home!

13. Hello, my friend.

Hope you had a grand trip!

I'm back in blog land… I needed a break ~ but I'm back. :)

So much to share…let's catch up soon.

14. Okay, I haven't been commenting but I have been reading, and I missed the part where you were going to Philadelphia! Can't wait to hear all about your trip–and the whole fist fight thing? I'm building it up in my head to be a really great post. I hope you can deliver soon. πŸ˜‰