I’m New at This

So today was the beginning of my legal odyssey otherwise known as Dear Lord Why am I Such a Jackass?

I may have mention before about my scrape with The Law and today I went to court to declare myself, “not guilty!”

My sweet little brother got all suited up and took me to the courthouse in his brand new lawyer-mobile.

We went in, I had to take off all my jewelry. They confiscated my key chair because it could be used as a weapon. Good times, really.

There was a little confusion and we ended up standing outside the courtroom when I really only needed to go to a window and fill out a form, but we didn’t know that for a while. Outside the courtroom was a huge sign that read:

Tank Tops
Hats
Thongs
Cell Phones
Gum
Food
Drink

I looked at my brother very seriously and then pointed to the super-cute sandals I was wearing.

“The sign says ‘no thongs.’ Do you think these are going to be a problem?”

My brother in his navy blue suit and power tie looked at me, snickered and said,

“They’re talking about underwear.”

Oh.

I go back in two months for my official Day In Court. Hopefully I’ll be less clueless that time. I’ll also wear closed-toe shoes, you know, just in case.

Comments

1. Oh my is this the run in with the cop? Hope that you win with your niceness!

2. The Henrys says:

Good luck with fighting that ticket!!

3. Not sure I get the thong thing. Who is exposing their butt floss in a courtroom anyway?

4. sitting on the mood swing at the playground says:

Good luck…and those are very cute shoes!

5. I thought of shoes when I read that too! By the way, those are adorable and while I love, love, love reading about Charlie…I miss you daily shoe pictures! :)

6. Wahzat Gayle says:

Good luck
    but LOL on the thong
    yeah I think it is better to be safe than sorry with the shoes.

On a more positive note than court time- I thought of barnyardmama recently. I miss her/your shoe updates so much, but I know you have way more important things dealing with but still miss the shoes LOL

7. Wahzat Gayle says:

I didn't even see that isumom said the same thing

8. lol way to go in finding the humor in a sucky situation

9. Baylee and Blair's page says:

That is hilarious!

Hugs – Tiff

10. HaHaHaHaHa!!!!
    My first thought was "But how would they know…..oh."

11. I don't get the whole thong thing either…what the heck? Why does it matter what underwear you have on?

So in addition to closed toe shoes, you better be wearing granny-pants too…lol

I have a deep desire to pat his head and tell him "he's so pretty."

13. That's a riot, Katy! I had traffic court on Wed. for a speeding ticket. I have never had a ticket cut down…never….but this time I asked to speak to the officer like an hour before the time scheduled and he came out to talk. I just said….I was speeding….I am not going to lie but I was wondering if you might be willing to cut my fine. Guess what? He did…by $50 and down to two points! YESSSSSSS…..THank you Lord! Good luck friend!

14. Like Cristin, I am left wondering about the possibilities of a thong issue in a courtroom!!! Thanks that laugh.

15. articular!Ha, ha. I've seen judges throw people out of court for chomping on gum…or having the cellphone go off. I've never worn sandals in–I always go for the peeptoe to be on the safe side. Those judges can be pretty particular! (Our sign does say no flip flops in addition to the rest)

16. The underwear comment made me laugh, but I believe they are talking about flip flops. Your sandals might be okay, but I wouldn't wear them. But some people do wear clothes that show their underwear in the courtroom. Things might be different in Louisiana. 😛