Counting My Blessings

Would you be mad if I told you I tricked you?

OK, I didn’t trick you, but I really believe that the only way to get out of a negative frame of mind is to focus on the positive. So I’m going to ask–pretty please–for everybody to do the opposite of what they did yesterday. Jealousies? Gone. Blessings? Alive and well. So here’s what I’d like. Today, I’d like to hear about the good stuff. Even better, try to list at least one more good thing. I really do believe that acknowledging the good and being thankful for it actually brings more good into your life. I suspect that this post won’t be as popular as yesterdays, but come on–give it a try!

My blessings/good things:

• Have I mention our free wheelchair?
  • The weather here in south Louisiana was fantabulously gorgeous today. Should be tomorrow too.
  • I have a kid who not only eats, but loves eating. I think he ate more than I did today.
  • I got to sleep in this morning.
  • In two weeks, I’m going to Disney World!

It could definitely be worse.

Comments

1. Yeah, I love doing this too!
    -I have ahusband who loves and supports me. He even does laundry.
    -My child can talk. She is behind but she is catching up.
    -My kid can eat, she just won't. I have hope that someday she will. At least tube feeding is an option. It could be worse.
    -My kid is walking. It may be a but gimpy, but she is moving!
    -I have friends in the blogging world who understand me!
    -This journey, although unplanned, has taught me so much and made my life richer!!

2. Far more blessings and feelings of pure joy that no amount of jealousy could ever conquer in this house…I love the person that my daughter has made me. Cheesy but true.

3. LOVE IT!!!

-Zach tries so hard at all he does.
    -Zach is picky but eats so well.
    -We are connecting with so many families through Exceptional Family TV
    -The opportunity to see that we are not alone in this life we have been given.
    -I have learned so much about myself and about life in the past 3 years.

I thank God every day for all the amazing blessings and opportunities that I now have in my life, all from something I thought was SO bad.

4. You're going to Disney… I'm jealous! Oh, wait…forget I said that… :)

God is soooo good to us. Sadie rode a tricycle this week (with assistance)… and she was awesome! She loves it and has said "bike" about 50 times a day since then!

Soooo many to list…. smiling to just think about them!

So glad the sun is shining for you… US too! Tomorrow it will almost 60!

5. Yay! I like the balance of these two posts.
    I am incredibly blessed and I really can't believe how lucky I am.
    I have a fiance that I love, a job I love, wonderful friends, adorable pets, a great family, and I live in a city that I love! :)

6. Katy, in case you don't check back to your comments on my blog, I would love your tuna salad recipe. :)

7. I am thankful:

– that Eli is home from the hospital and on the mend.
    – for how awesome he is in his Bronco Gait Trainer!
    – that I get to be the mom to the best kid ever! :) Seriously – he has the best demeaner…so easy-going, carefree, and happy.
    – I have a beautiful home that suits Eli's needs very well…especially the huge paved parking area where he rides his Bronco.
    – My hubby does lots of housework.
    – Even though my hubby is unemployed, it's given us a chance to bond better as a family…and we are working hard on making our marriage better.

I think I could go on and on….

:) Amy

8. Sleeping in and Disney World! Those are good things!

I'm struggling right now because Kyle has a pretty high fever, and I freaking hate high fevers. I'm WORRIED and WORRYING and OTHER WORRY-TYPE THINGS. But….he's snugglier when he doesn't feel well, and staying up all night racked with worry lets me get caught up on my Food Network shows.

I agree, though, positive thinking is the only way to stomp out the negative things.

9. PrayforNathan.org says:

I like this one, I'll play :-)

– To have a baby girl on the way
    – I have AWESOME people in my life
    – I am happy. My son is happy. My fiancee is happy.
    – I have learned to accept Nathan's disability and to feel at peace with who he is
    – That Nathan chose me as his mother.

Great post, I love it!

10. Blessings:
    – your blog.
    – love that max blog.
    – every other blog about SN kids that I read all the time, jude, connor's song, kendall's hope, bloom, the list is too long! It gets me through the tough days.
    – my husband, who is currently taking care of me, our son, the housework, working his full time job, all b/c I'm on bedrest waiting for the next little one to arrive
    – grandparents, for free babysitting services
    – my little guy can crawl. he has worked up to different speeds: slow, fast and charge you like a little bull
    – my little guy is figuring out that words have meaning, he knows what toy is his alligator
    – my little guy licking my cheek when I ask for a kiss.

11. HA! That's not trickery, just smarts. Megan, your comment just made me LOL. I'm grateful that…

• …Max is doing so much better than the doctors thought he would.
    • …he's so darn cute. Sabrina, too.
    • …I have a calm, patient, easygoing husband who puts up with my hypernutty ways.
    • …we're doing cruise/Disney, too! Next, month, just decided.
    • …I've found such amazing women in the blogosphere.

And I'm very thankful for this post because it gave me good perspective, because there is so much more I'm thankful for than jealous about.

12. Equally as fun as discussing jealousies.

-health
    -high speed internet
    -all my financial needs are met (for today)
    -my bird eats (sometimes), talks (scripts), and gives tight squeezes despite having the lowest tone in town
    -an excellent coffee maker
    -most of all, I'm blessed with a better, more relevant set of priorities than I had 5 years ago.

13. ferfischer says:

I remember them every single day:

I'm thankful that:
    -Cici did not die in her accident (at least not for long), and she is still alive today.
    -I still have living twins, even though it doesn't look like they're twins.
    -Because of Cici I have met the most amazing group of people, online and in person, people I would have never met before.
    -My two other kids will learn and experience life in a different way, with a different perspective than most.

14. -We have this little miracle who lives in our house! Who greets me every single morning with with this huge toothless grin.
    -Faith may not be like most kids in her development- but she is incredibly happy and wears a smile wherever she goes.
    -I have a husband who provides for us and says he was meant to be the daddy of a little girl.
    -We get to see miracles every single day…who can complain?

15. This is even more fun than the jealousy one (actually the jealousy one wasn't fun, but it felt good to get those things out).

Thankful
    – for my husband who is an awesome Dad
    – that my Ben can talk, and eat, and walk (with walker), and crawl
    – for all the kisses, hugs and laughs I get each day
    – for our 2 amazing PT's – they are lifesavers!
    – and this bloggy world. Otherwise, I'd feel completely alone in this universe.

16. My husband is helping the girls clean their room while I sit on the couch doing nothing (never happens).
    My oldest finds joy in everything.
    My youngest loves to cuddle and I love to cuddle.
    We have willing friends and family to watch our kids so we can have a date night.
    Our trip to Disney was FABULOUS!

17. Thank you for making us all think about the blessings we have Katy!
    – My hubby works so hard at a job that is filled with wierdos so I can stay at home & be the mom I wanted when I was my boys age
    -My Little Man tolerates his stander nicely for 30 min. at a time:)
    -My 3 yr. old is the best big brother anyone could ask for.

18. luckeyfrog says:

Good :) I was meaning to do this anyway! I need to vent sometimes, but it's good to do the opposite too!

19. My blessings:
    I have a job, a family, a place to live and my husband is letting me take a year off to be with my son before he starts school.

20. You have no idea how much I want to join in the reindeer games…how in the world are all of you letting go of your anger? I need to. It is consuming me from the inside out. Hate it.

But let me try to think of one thing. ONE thing from today that made me happy.

OK…when I was feeding Bennett some pudding he looked at me, smiled and touched his forehead to Mine. I nearly burst into tears. He hasn't been that intimate with me in a VERY long time.

21. sitting on the mood swing at the playground says:

I slept in today too.
    I was able to sneak in a 20-minute nap.
    Had a nice dinner with a high school classmate.
    Was in my jammies by 8:30pm.

Love this!

22. Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy says:

Great Idea!

I got 2/3 of my house clean this weekend

I have two amazing children

My husband loves me, truly

God is real and in charge

Birds were singing outside my window this morning, Spring is coming soon

My kids enjoy learning

We have plenty, of food, heat, health and love.

Bird, you look so familiar to me. Did you ever live in MD? Or maybe Isaw you at Blissdom??

23. I like this..
    My husband
    My life
    Second chances
    New friends, on line and in real time
    Downtime and uptime

23 comments!!! Another thing to be jealous of!!

Blessings: That I have a great family, Great friends, both real life and cyber, And for my health.

Hugs!

25. I am indeed blessed, as follows:

Even though my husband is lazy about helping the kids, he is kind and sweet and loving and a great lover if I have time to enjoy that, and I can make him do stuff. He is compliant!

My daughters are both the most fabulous little beings.

I feel so lucky that I got to a mom.

It appears I will be strong enough to help Hannah get strong.

I have not had to have Hannah admitted to the children's hospital yet due to her metabolic disorder.

Everyone tells me Hannah has remarkable skills and range for a child her age with hemiplegia.

I am so glad I found people like you on the internet.

26. My Turn:
    – great husband, who 'gets' me
    – adorable chubby, smily, baby girl Margaux
    – Paxson who is insanely happy despite all his challenges (this means so much to me)
    – an amazing and involved extended
    family
    – My mom
    … those are the big things!