Amazing News

Well, I hoped to get a little video of it, but I couldn’t, and I just can’t hold it in any longer.

Yesterday, Charlie was taking multiple steps in his gait trainer. One foot after the other, over and over.

My baby walked.

I realize I might not see it again for another six months or something, but it’s in there–it’s really in there.

Feel free to squeal. . . .

Comments

1. I will squeal with you! Go, Charlie, go!

2. Maybe that's Charlie's way of saying "Hey, mom, hold off on that wheelchair for just a bit….I may sort this out without one!"

Really.

Yay for Charlie! You must be so thrilled!

3. Yay!!!

4. Definite squealing here in Canada!! Go Charlie! I can't wait to see the video!

5. therextras says:

*squealing* in Texas, too!

-"not see it again for another six months" – no way!

6. That's awesome!!

7. squeal!

8. Such wonderful news! Squeling over here!!! EEE!!! =)))

9. Totally squealing!

10. SQEEEE!

11. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Go Charlie go!!!

12. Wherever HE Leads We'll Go says:

Woo hoo! Way to go Charlie! That is so exciting!

Yah, Charlie!! Way to go….
    How exciting !!
    gayle

14. Don't you wish there were words to describe it?? AMAZING!!!

Love, love, LOVE it! :)

16. Sometimes moments like these are better without the camera because you can enjoy them for what they are without worrying about the right camera angle, etc. You just capture it perfectly in your memory…and what a cherished memory it will be!

Way to go Charlie! This is huge!!!!

17. Eeeeeeeeeeeee! (Don't judge, that's what I sound like when I squeal). Seriously, though, that is so awesome. Congrats mama and Charlie.

18. Hopeful Mother says:

WOOHOOO!!!!!

19. I'm squealing too (with tears in my eyes)! Maybe Ben and Charlie can have walker races some day!

20. MelissaInk says:

Oh, fun news!

21. Gina (Mannyed) says:

SQUEALLLL! Hopefully video for the next time! GO CHARLIE!

22. YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

23. That is so completely awesome!!!

24. Bravo!!!

Such wonderful news!!!!!!

25. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO, Charlie! Katy, that is fantastic news. Don't you wish you had a camera crew that could follow you and catch those things that you miss with your camera? So happy for him…..

26. Squealing in New England – go Charlie!!! There is nothing more exciting than a child taking his first steps. The excitement is multiplied by a thousand when the child has to work extra hard to reach that milestone.
    Have fun chasing your little guy!

27. HOORAY!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see a video. This is so exciting.

28. Woo Hoo! Way to go Charlie! Can't wait to tell the girls. If he does it again, you better get video for your Arkansas hommies.

29. That's so wonderful!!!! I'm very happy for you guys

30. A very belated YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Those small steps are anything but small. This totally made my week! And I agree with Barbara—you WILL be seeing lots more steps, soon.

I cried when Max first took a step. And he did it right on his third birthday.

We will celebrate at Blissdom!

31. Rural Felicity says:

AWEsomeness!!!

32. Way to go Charlie! So excited (yet, not surprised… that kid is a superstar).

Enjoy your weekend away and I will look forward to the walking video very soon (hint, hint).

33. Baylee and Blair's page says:

I will squeal as well! AWESOME news!

Go, Charlie, Go!!!!!

Hugs – Tiff

34. luckeyfrog says:

So excited- for YOU as well as Charlie! :)

35. So so glad!!

36. GO CHARLIE GO!!!!!

37. I just got all teary for you! Yay Charlie! You continue to amaze.

38. no way.

holy crap.

yay!

39. Celia and Leo says:

YEAH….EEEEEEEK! GO CHARLIE!!!!!
    You are amazing, and can do anything!!! I know you must feel so good!!!

40. Katy….

Hey, girlfriend! Hope you had a safe drive home from BlissDom!

It was sooo good to meet you! Stop by and visit when you get a chance!

Much love…

41. pixiemama says:

Just popped over from Ellen's blog to meet you and now I want to do a happy dance!

Hurray for (big) first steps!

(nice to meet you)

42. Josephine says:

Oh Hooray!! I only just saw this, but it is SO EXCITING!!!! Hooray!!!

43. Charlie, you big strong man, you! Well done!!

44. Okay, I know I'm behind in my reading, but …..AAAAAHHHH!
    I have tears in my eyes. I'm so happy!