Today I’m celebrating the small things. . .
- Nose picking! Look how well he gets that pointer finger out. Also, he’ll kill me one day for posting this.
- Hats that are too small! I don’t know if you’ve heard, but CP kids are infamous for being diagnosed with microcephaly a.k.a small head. The insinuation is that your child’s brain isn’t growing properly. Whether I believe that or not is a completely different story, but still. . . head growth, yay!
- Last week’s episode of Desperate Housewives. A special needs storyline where they really got it right. Also, raising a special kid felt good in the end, which is such a change from the usual pity party. I will confess to some crying, but is that really surprising?
- Meeting another epilepsy mom. We’re having lunch this week. Funny thing, I say something about epilepsy and people will say, “does Charlie have epilepsy?” Ummmm, yeah, and he’s had it for quite a while. Epilepsy just means that he’s had seizures, which they know, but for some reason that word makes them anxious.
- Blissdom ’10. I’m going . The wrangling involved was enormous (babysitters! for two separate work days!), but I’m getting three days of fun and hopefully I’ll have all sorts of good things to share when I get back.
Seriously, life is good!
**Note: Erin pointed out that it looks like Charlie is eating his boogers–he’s not! These pictures were taken on different days and even at different houses**