Feelin’ Good

On Charlie’s first Christmas he spent the day either woozy or seizing. I knew there was something wrong with him, but I wasn’t able to put my finger on what it was. He was acting funny, doing strange things with his eyes, and he seemed very subdued. On the other hand, I didn’t want to ruin everyone else’s holiday by freaking out about could be nothing.

Last year we ended up in the hospital after Charlie contracted some nasty virus that completely dehydrated him.

This year–gasp!–Charlie is sick again. Please feel free to knock on wood, but I’m pretty sure this year we’ll be able to avoid hospitals and doctor’s offices. He’s sick, but he’s not defeated. He’s eating and drinking and still playing with his toys. He woke up from his nap happy.

It’s nice to know that every illness doesn’t have to be a major emergency these days. All the work we’ve put in is starting pay off and we can see him getting healthier and better able to deal with the little things. We’re not fighting for the basics any more.

In other news. . .

I rock at RockBand.

Ok, that’s a complete over-statement. I am, in fact, totally mediocre at RockBand, but I love, love, love banging on those drums. Made for a completely awesome holiday in which I was not required to make any small talk at all.
It really is the little things.

Comments

1. Oh Katy,
    now are these the first ones he's had? I hate that. Although he sure is cute in his pics!

2. Candace–that was two years ago and yes, those were his first seizures. These days we're doing A-OK.

3. MelissaInk says:

Rock Band IS fun! I like singing the best and the drums are my second favorite.

Happy to hear you guys enjoyed the holiday!

4. ACTunforgettable says:

Katy,
    Beatles Rock Band is how we spent our Christmas Eve…My sister and I were singing, my son on drums and my husband on bass guitar! It was a totally perfect way to spend the evening after church. I'm so glad we aren't the only ones who love to play around like that! I'm super glad your Holiday's were fun!

5. I'm with ya….I could totally do without small talk.

6. Mamá Terapeuta says:

I hope Charlie is much better today and I'm glad you are not fighting the basics, I know what you mean.

We spend the 26th playing guitar hero… Only have guitars so far, but I love it!

7. I suck at Rock Band.

Glad the sickness is not a big deal anymore… I remember the big deal days too, no fun.

8. I rock on the drums too (by "rock" I mean that I don't COMPLETELY suck). They're so fun!

Love it! I had a great holiday myself which is completely odd. Charlie looks super happy!

10. Praying Charlie is better this morning?!

11. Hope Charlies is better!!!

12. So sorry he's sick! But glad you are incredibly mediocre at the best game ever! Hope he's feeling better soon :)

13. Seizures are no fun. Been there, still going through that at 20. Glad he is doing better and that he loved his Christmas.

14. Rockin' trike Charlie! So glad you finally had a good Xmas. Charlie sure looks happy! what a sweetheart.

15. Hope Charlie is better today! He looks great on the tricycle. Amazing achievement to be able to ride on a trike like that! It's wonderful.

16. Princess Abigail says:

You are a beautiful Mama and your little boy is such a Prince Charming.

17. Charlie looks like he had one helluva awesome Christmas. You can't go wrong with a cheap keyboard. It's been a favorite of Mia's for the past 4 years.

18. Wherever HE Leads We'll Go says:

Hope Charlie is feeling better these days. It is nice to have progress – even though he is sick – he is not completely knocked out.

Love the pics – Charlie is such a cutie!