Good Things–OMG Edition

This one’s short, but man we’ve had a great couple of days around here.

1. All the wonderful advice and encouragement I receive on my last post.
  2. Charlie can now sign “cup” fairly consistently. He’s still doing it mostly when prompted, but at least twice now we think he’s done it independently. Progress!
  3. Charlie’s right hand, which is usually fisted when he’s awake, is starting to open up. He’s even managed a couple of normal claps which he’s never done before (usually it’s more like he’s slapping a fist).
  4. Charlie has started taking steps with his left foot. We still have a LONG way to go in the walking department, but this feel nothing short of miraculous. Walking of any kind feels like a complete bonus–we were assured he’d be in a wheelchair and it just surprises me that he may also be able to get around the house on his own.
  5. I found a girl who wants to sell my stationery and custom alphabet canvases. She’s a local entrepreneur type whose been super-successful selling in other people’s stores and now she’s opening her own little boutique where my stuff will be available on a comission basis. I’m sooooo excited to be working with her. So. very. excited.

That’s all!

Comments

1. therextras says:

Woohoo! on all!

Barbara

2. obviously i am all OMG about charlie's hand and foot action, but i am OMFG! about some good things happening for you, too! that is really exciting!

3. See Katy, he is making progress in other areas! YEAH!!!!!!! It seemed like Faith had to get ALL the basics down before she started working on communication. I am so thrilled for little Charlie and for you guys, too!

4. Wherever HE Leads We'll Go says:

Way to go Charlie! That is awesome! Great news with your art too – how exciting!

Yay for good things! I LOVE hearing about Charlie's developments and how great that you'll be able to showcase your talents in a real live store! :)

6. Wonderful news all around!

7. Yay for good news!!

Love the signing of course!

8. I am impressed–I thought surely you'd teach him the signs for "JayZ" and "Snoop Dog" well before cup or movie. Doesn't matter–they are all important words. Sounds like Charlie is doing great and I just love to hear that progress is being made in any area. He might not feel like learning a certain thing now, but there will come a time when he'll be glad you taught him anyways. Love all the pictures by the way.

woo Hoo!! Good Stuff!!

10. Happy exciting times! Progress is funny like that – sometimes nothing new happens for ages, and then all of a sudden you see a ton of progress! Way to go Charlie!
    And yay for finding someone to sell you stuff! Congratulations!

11. Baylee and Blair's page says:

How exciting! All of these things are SO GREAT!

Hugs – Tiffany

12. blogzilly says:

I'll drink to that!

Wait, it's 9:00AM…um.. :)

13. Yay for walking! Yay for local entrepreneurs! Yay for so many things to YAY about!

14. wtg charlie. btw, i have no doubt he will be independently mobile (in some way) someday. no doubt.