This one’s short, but man we’ve had a great couple of days around here.
- All the wonderful advice and encouragement I receive on my last post.
- Charlie can now sign “cup” fairly consistently. He’s still doing it mostly when prompted, but at least twice now we think he’s done it independently. Progress!
- Charlie’s right hand, which is usually fisted when he’s awake, is starting to open up. He’s even managed a couple of normal claps which he’s never done before (usually it’s more like he’s slapping a fist).
- Charlie has started taking steps with his left foot. We still have a LONG way to go in the walking department, but this feel nothing short of miraculous. Walking of any kind feels like a complete bonus–we were assured he’d be in a wheelchair and it just surprises me that he may also be able to get around the house on his own.
- I found a girl who wants to sell my stationery and custom alphabet canvases. She’s a local entrepreneur type whose been super-successful selling in other people’s stores and now she’s opening her own little boutique where my stuff will be available on a comission basis. I’m sooooo excited to be working with her. So. very. excited.