He Knows What he Likes

Athough we’ve made some really great strides in this area, Charlie is still very left-handed. The right hand is in reserve, but he’s not one to use it very often.

Except when grilled cheese sandwiches are involved.
When eating a grilled cheese sandwich, Charlie will be eating a piece held in his left hand while desperately clutching another piece in his right hand. You know, just in case.

Goofy kid.

Comments

1. sitting on the mood swing at the playground says:

I think I eat my grilled cheese in a similar way–good to have the second hand at the ready. Great photos!

I love left-handed little boys–SO cute!

2. MeghatronsMom says:

Awesomely sweet! Can we make a toy grilled cheese? He is so cute! I want to squish those cheeks!

3. Kathy from Oklahoma says:

You used to always mention his eyes and how he wouldn't focus with them…I just wanted to say in all the recent pics I really don't see that anymore. Has he imporved with this or is it just me? Such a cutie!!!

4. Just dropping in to say that Charlie is adorable! And I can't blame him for double-fisting the grilled cheese…they're too yummy!

5. Kathy–Charlie's vision has really improved this summer. He still has to work at focuses BOTH eyes on something and he'll "lose" his eyes if he's listening intently, but overall it's gotten a lot better. So glad you noticed!

6. MeghatronsMom says:

I was going to say the same thing as Kathy. I just peaked back & this post & noticed how wide open his eyes are. I know so many people comment on how he looks sleepy, but he doesn't appear so in these pics. Again, I want to squish those cheeks!

7. therextras says:

Motivation has much to do with movement (every movement starts with a thought).

(Feeling a bit like someone feeding an addiction here…) have you read the blogs of mothers whose children are receiving constraint-induced movement therapy?

Here's one: http://princessleahsjourney.blogspot.com/

Barbara

Oh, and, love the photos of Charlie!

8. Barbara-I have read at least one family and their contraint family journey–I don't think that one, though! Charlie's therapists have mentioned it as well. I haven't done near enough research, though, to come to any kind of conclusion about whether or not we'd want to try it at my house.

9. Baylee and Blair's page says:

So cute! I cannot believe how big he's getting! They grow up too quick!

Hugs – Tiff

Mmmmm, grilled cheese sounds yummy. Gonna need to make me some!

11. Adorable! The pictures AND the story. Charlie never fails to put a smile on my face.

12. I think it's his hair? But he looks so grown up in these pictures. And adorable.

There are few foods in the world that can top a grilled cheese sandwich.

You need a new post because every time I come here I get hungry for grilled cheese! :)

14. Wherever HE Leads We'll Go says:

He is adorable! And very smart – I love grilled cheese!