Shakin’ Things Up

I’ve been feeling freakishly optimistic these days. I probably haven’t mentioned it, but the lady across the street is an honest-to-god Shaman. I’m not sure I believe in shamans, but she’s also a baby lover and she met Charlie and I “allowed” her to communicate with him mostly because I was completely curious. I mean, people pay hundreds of dollars to work with her, and she offered to do something for free–who could resist?

Anyway, she consulted him and told me that one of his purposes is to teach me to be less cerebral and to just trust my instincts. So. . . that’s what I’m doing. I’m trying to question myself less and just go with my gut. What the hell, right?

I’m pretty sure that my optimism also has to do with how well Charlie seems to be doing. I’m simply in awe of how far he’s come.

Now, I’m going to do the ultimate mommy-blogger thing and post a few videos–nothing long, I promise!

Here’s a picture of Charlie trying out the quadraped position. He sometimes gets himself into this position, but so far he just goes up and comes back down. I am hopeful, however, that one day this will lead to something more.

Here’s another video of Charlie throwing a tantrum because he wants to watch his Baby Signing Time video. He also happens to be standing up and not leaning on the couch. He looks like an honest-to-pants-real-life toddler. I love that is ways I can’t explain.

So. . . I’m feeling good. What more can I say?

Comments

1. I would be feeling good too. You are so lucky. Charlie is gorgeous and yes, he is like any other toddler.

Gotta love feeling good! :)

3. Plakidas says:

Love the videos! Sophie was amazed by the tantrum video :)

4. Shannon says:

Beautiful boy!

I am so positive that my girls have taught me to be less stressed and to just go with the flow.

5. sitting on the mood swing at the playground says:

I like the new look! There's a lot to be said for trusting your instincts and feeling good. Charlie is definitely a toddler!

I still throw those temper tantrums.

He's so cute!!!

7. He is soooo precious… even when tantruming! :)

8. therextras says:

Loved the videos! And I share your optimism for Charlie.

You sure know a lot of interesting people. Are you sure you don't live in Sedona? *wink*

Barbara

9. AshleyS says:

he is such a doll–love seeing him in action!!

10. Barbara–
    My MIL spent a year living in Sedona.

11. charlie looks great! he is going to get that quad/crawling thing down. love the standing, too. he looks really stable! drake is so up on his tippy toes that standing doesn't go so well…. :)

12. I love the videos, thank you for sharing. He does look like a toddler huh?? Love it

13. He is getting the cutest blonde curls!

14. Hehe.

I forgot to tell you – I really like your new banner.

15. Jessica says:

thanks for the sharing the picture with me! and btw Charlies "tantrums" are cute.

16. Barbara says:

Here's to feeling good!! Those videos are great – I'll admit that I loved the tantrum one!!

17. I'm glad you're feeling so "up" these days! And Charlie is just fantastic–even in tantrum mode!

18. I do believe in Shamanism (I also believe in crack pots but that's another story). I'm glad Charlie's doing so well and that you're learning to go with your gut more.