Hospital Land Part Deux

So Charlie had a bad night and this morning the nuerosurgeons came in and decided they were very concerned about the shunt. Apparently last night the radiologists looked at it, but this morning the nuerosurgeons took a look at it and were not convinced that everything was fine. They stopped foods, anethesiology came in and had us sign consent, and we were on the docket for a shunt revision at 2:30 pm. As a last resort they changed the settings on his shunt, but they didn’t expect that to help.

Well, they were wrong. He perked right up and has been playing and having a good ole time ever since. No one can believe it. We’ll be here another night, but things are looking good.

Can’t wait to get back so I can check on everyone in blog land.

Comments

1. hope charlie is doing better now that his shunt has been adjusted and that you are released sometime soon.

hugs to you guys.

2. WooHoo – So glad he is doing better. The power of prayer is truely amazing!

Get better quick Charlie, Mom is having computer withdrawals. LOL

3. My heart was beating out of my chest for you there, in that moment I was reading this post. I don’t know how you do it. I am so glad he turned it around. *giant sigh of relief* also, *HUGS*

4. I’m so glad to hear he’s doing so much better. I too was scared when I started reading your post.

5. I’m so happy he’s doing better!! I was worried for a bit there.

6. {{{Hugs}}} to you and to that wonderful little boy! Hope he is back to his happy little self soon!

7. White Hot Magik says:

Wow! Here’s hoping that is the last thing to happen and all goes well from here.

8. Thinking about you and praying for Charlie. Hope your family is doing well.

9. GREAT news Katy! Hope y’all can get home soon.

10. Mother of Precious says:

Glad Charlie is feeling better and
    even more glad the doctors in Arkansas knew something was wrong with the Trach, thank goodness for great children’s doctors.

So glad Hurricane Gustav didn’t come in as a 3, prayer does work!

Have a great rest of the week.

Gwen

11. I’m glad to hear that Charlie is doing better. Hopefully you’ll all be able to head home soon.

12. what a scare! glad everything is okay. boy i bet you are ready to be back home…won’t be long before you head to montreal, right?

How scary!! I’m glad he’s doing better, though, and I’m sure once you are back at home he’ll be even better.

14. OK that first paragraph was scaring me – glad the second one was saying he’s doing better. Hope he keeps improving and y’all get to go home soon!

15. Princess Abigail says:

The Bernard Bunch is sending you heaps of positive vibes little boy… glad things seem to be doing a bit better. We love you!

That is just it…everybody doesn’t have faith in Charlie. He’s a fighter!!

Go Charlie Go!!!

17. Rural Felicity says:

Glad changing the shunt setting seems to be helping! G’s had a number of revisions, so I’ll be thinking of you!! Hospital Land is an experience that I don’t care to repeat. Thoughts sent your way.

18. I hope Charlie gets better soon! I’ve been meaning to check up on you, but Adriana’s been sick too….not hospital sick thank God.

I got so scared when I saw the title of the post…I’m so happy he’s getting better. I hope he is out of the hospital soon.
    lots of (((HUG)))

19. AMEN!!
    I’m so glad to hear the good news. Take care of yourself as well too please.
    ttfn

20. Well, I’m glad things are looking up again…get home soon!

Hope to hear something from you soon, I’m getting worried!