So. . . here we are again.
Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
Saturday night Charlie got the sniffles.
Sunday we evacuated–he was Ok, but didn’t feel like eating very much.
Today, he was barely eating at all and just kept sleeping. When he wasn’t sleeping he was being a grouch, which he never is, so I decided to take him to the hospital clinic for a once-over.
Bottom line: He definitely has some kind of funky virus giving him watery eyes, a cough, and some serious congestion. This doesn’t necessarily explain his extreme lethargy, though. It’s probably not the shunt, but at some time this evening/morning he’ll probably be getting a CT scan and a shunt series to be sure. His heart is beating normally and he’s getting enough oxygen. A blood test has shown that he most-likely is taking WAY too much phenobarb, so we’ve discontinued that until we can get a better level in his system. They’re also worried about dehydration, so they decided to admit him, and hopefully they’ll release us tomorrow.
I was doing pretty well til it took them six tries to get an IV in him.
Well, they’ve just told me that we’re getting ready to do the CT scan. Hopefully, after that, we’ll get some sleep.