AFO

Charlie’s AFO’s arrived today. That stands for ankle-foot-orthotic. I honestly have no idea why we have them, but I do know that they provide arch support, so I guess that’s a good thing. The PT and OT want him to wear them in his stander.

I took some pretty terrible pictures of him wearing them. They squish all his leg fat together and it’s pretty unflattering. Oh well, I don’t think he minds. They also seem to be giving him some balance when he’s sitting. Here are the not-so-great pictures, and a cuter one that I took while he was in his stander yesterday.

Comments

1. Elizabeth says:

I don’t think it’s possible for you to take an unflattering picture of Charlie!

I hope the AFO turns out to be a real benefit. Maybe you could pimp it out, paint it a brushed metal or something? Then all the other girl babies would be seriously checking him out. :)

Babies are supposed to have fat legs and cheeks and butts….that’s why they call it baby fat!
    Yeah, pimp them out!!

I was just now looking thru all your vacation photos…and I love the shoes pix! Especially those red polka dot ones!! “Drive Bitch!”
    I’m glad you had the chance to unwind…it may sound selfish to some but It is a must to get away from time to time.

Hug!!

4. White Hot Magik says:

I just caught up. Jeez I missed eight posts. Time flies in a week or so. Glad you had a good vacation. I miss my kids terribly when I am away, but sometimes sooo need it.

5. So cute!!!!!! He looks good in them. I hope they help you all out. D’s DAFO has been a godsend.

6. therextras says:

You bought my favorite brand of AFOs – a concurring opinion from here! Barbara

7. Barbara says:

It’s funny that they help with sitting – but hey, whatever works. Hopefully they help with other stuff too. Those fat legs by the way are yummy!

8. Rural Felicity says:

Look at him stand!!! :) When G got his AFOs (which was very young at around 3 months) I mourned yet another something that made him “different”. I couldn’t just squeeze his toes, his feet stank more than the average kid, and shoes STILL don’t fit well.

It’s a change, to be sure, but Charlie looks adorable. :) Before I read your post, I just looked at the pictures and went “AWWWW, look at that! What a cute kid and look at him standing!” Really, I did. :)