This and That

In the middle of the night I have a million potential blog topics. As I sit here today, though, I’ve got nothing. I’m thinking anxiously about Charlie’s upcoming birthday party–I have got to make some headway on the invitations since I’d like to mail them next week. I’ve got a guest room that may actually get some guests, so I need to work on that too. Currently, we’ve been using it as a dumping spot for all the stuff we can’t find a home for.

Charlie has a CT scan on Thursday, so we can check the status of his shunt and ventricles. It seems like things are OK, but I guess you don’t know until you check. If this one goes well, then I think we’ll have appointments every six months as opposed to every three to four. Say a prayer or keep your fingers crossed for that one.

I’m still trying to get an appointment to meet with a private physical therapist. I’ve now made seven calls and I still haven’t got it squared away. Luckily, I’ve got nothing but time and I’ll call as many times as needed.

It’s been over a week since Charlie’s EEG and I haven’t heard anything. I can’t decide if this is good news or bad. I tend to lean towards the “no news is good news” school of thought, but I’m still anxious. I’d like to know for sure.

On other fronts, I’ve got veggies growing in the garden although not very many. My husband jokes that we’ve got just enough garden for some salsa–we’ve got two jalapenos and some tomatoes thus far. Our bell peppers and cantaloupe are in bloom, so hopefully we’ll have some of those as well. My cucumbers, green onions, and lettuce were all destroyed due to my own novice gardening skills–my bed wasn’t high enough and a big rain came and drowned them all. Lesson learned–you need a high bed!

Also, I’ve got a fashion-related idea brewing in my head and I can’t wait to tell you all about it, but I’m still working out the details. Just a hint: it will combine my love of shoes with my new, eco-friendly attitude.

Comments

1. Mannyed says:

Happy Mom’s Day! Hope today was a special day for you!!

2. White Hot Magik says:

First, I love the pictures.

Hope you had a great first mother’s day.

Can’t wait on the shoes.

I hope the pt get straightened out soon, that has to be frustrating no matter how much time you have on your hands.

3. White Hot Magik says:

Oh and you might try replanting the cucumber and stuff. They come up really easily from seed, and you have lots of time left. (Large seeded plants seem easier for some reason.)

I agree with WhiteHot…replant the cukes and onions. It may be too hot already for the lettuce. It gets bitter when it’s too hot. And if you already have “salsa” it may be too late!! I noticed I had one teeny weeny green tomato.

Always go on NO News Is Good News!

Hugs!

5. Hope you had a great mother’s day!!!!

6. Can’t you call them? But yes, I’m with you one the no news is good news.

I LOVE the pic of Charlie and the Grandparents. You’re really getting good at snapping great pics.

At least you’ve got something growing in your garden. The year I attempted to garden, I didn’t get ANYTHING. Such a bummer!

Hope you had a great Mother’s Day!

8. Charlie is the most adorable thing! And you are too! I want to see the shoes! Come on shoe maven show em! And come and see me!

9. Rural Felicity says:

I love the pictures of that handsome lil’ Charlie! Goodness, he’s adorable.

Hope all goes well with the CT.

10. desperate housewife says:

Hope you had a lovely Mother’s Day- you are a very special mom! And have fun with all that party planning business. I guess I suck, but those things always seem more work than fun to me. I still DO them, of course…

11. Stick with the no news is good news deal–otherwise you might go crazy and probably for no reason. Easier said than done, I know. I can never do it myself.

Eco-friendly fashionista? You and Cheyenne would more than get along.

12. Looks like Charlie likes him some watermelon! So cute.