Random But True

When I drive by things for sale on the side of the road, I have an instinctive urge to buy them. This would make sense if it were clothes or shoes or even furniture, but I’m driving along and thinking, I’m sure I could find a good use for a U-haul truck.

I love the idea of high school. I didn’t actually like going to high school, but I think the idea is nice: Homecoming games, dances, gossiping in the cafeteria. In reality I went to an all-girl Catholic school where our homecoming game was volleyball and we only had twenty-five minutes for lunch because they had to squeeze in religion. And I had to wear black and white saddle oxfords for four years–that’s a pain you don’t get over in a day.

Certain songs, the ones that I really like, I seem to develop dance moves to. Very specific dance moves. Mariah Carey’s “Touch My Body” is a perfect example. I MUST touch my knees during this song. Is the title “Touch My Knees?” No, no it isn’t, plus touching your knees can make it hard to drive.

Comments

1. Ha! Ha! That was totally random–but funny.

2. HAHA! I know what you mean. I have to fight that pick-it-up-off-the-side-of-the-road urge all the time too. It’s a BARGAIN, you know?

Also, I good luck with the politician! I work for a state agency and we got 2 raises in SIX YEARS. It’s terrible. I mean, I love my job and intend on staying, but they sure don’t make it easy. Times are tough, eh?

3. Antonella says:

Are you coming on vacation???

Anyway, I think it depends where you’re going. If you’re going to the touristy places I’d def go with a carrier. But, I have brought a stroller to “the city” and I don’t have any problems….but it’s easier when you know where you’re going, if you don’t you’ll get pushed around.

Sorry if I’m confusing you! I guess the easiest would be a carrier, if anything you can always get a cheap stroller around here. Let me know if you need anything!

4. As told by her mom, Sandy... says:

I found your blog while blog hopping. Wow. You are a terrific writer and so inspiring. My little girl is 16-months and was born with brain malformations… who knows what they really mean/will mean for her except for the man upstairs. Doctors don’t always know so don’t let that ever stop little Charlie. I can’t help but want to tell you this, sorry to sound preachy. I’ve just been told everything from “your daughter is blind”, to “doctors in France tell their patients to terminate babies like yours.”

They don’t always know. In fact, I think some of them make crap up :)

You’re so funny and such a good writer! I think I already said that. So “hi” from Sandy, Maddy’s mom. Now you know who will be blog stalking you from now on!

5. As told by her mom, Sandy... says:

Oh and I totally forgot. I have been thickening Maddy’s liquids since she was 5-months old. I’ve NEVER met another mom who’s had to do the same. People look at me crazy when I whip out the thickener. She had pneumonia 4x when we started introducing the sippy cup even though 3 swallow studies and a milk scan showed no aspiration… yeah…scary times.

Anyway, I wonder, how long can I thicken before she actually turns into starch? Do you know? πŸ˜‰ Because when I ask, doctors look at me like “Hmmmpfff… well let’s see here what I can make up because I don’t know.”

6. Yes that was random!!

I love the idea of high school too – couldn’t wait to get out but now I wish I could go back!

I do the same thing…and Roy said, “What are we gonna do with a Hay Truck?”

Yeah, the idea of high school is good. The reality…not so good. I went to a regular old public school, but if you weren’t good at sports, you might as well not even be there. I can think of a million things now I should have done differently in high school to make it better but didn’t. Oh well, too little too late I guess.

9. Elizabeth says:

“When I drive by things for sale on the side of the road, I have an instinctive urge to buy them.”

I always think I may be passing buy that item that somehow turns out to be a long lost famous painting and therefore I’ve lost out on millions. :)

10. Elizabeth says:

Man… I hate it when I misspell something (or use the wrong word) in a comment. Thatz so anoying. πŸ˜‰

11. Mannyed says:

so where is the video you and Charlie touching your knees :o)

12. Swistle says:

I always feel almost like I want to ADOPT the stuff being sold or given away. Like, “Don’t worry! I’LL give you a good home!”