Crap

Let me apologize for the blurry image. Buster wasn’t really feeling like a photo shoot today. Today, he got hit by a car in front of my house. Thankfully, he seems to be doing well, but we did have to spend a couple of hours at the after-hours emergency place.

The after-hours emergency place is possibly the worst place in the world. It’s not just the sick animals, it’s the dogs being put down, the people crying, and the bits and scraps of humanity who show up. Two women showed up with a flea-infested Pomeranian who wasn’t acting herself. They had only fifty dollars and were arguing because the up-front payment is eighty-two. Ugh. I would hate to have to argue with people about whether or not you could treat their animal, but I guess that’s the business they’re in.

Buster is home. He has no broken bones, but he did damage some teeth. We have to go see our regular vet in two days to see if any of them need to be removed. In the mean time, we just need to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn’t show any sign of fluid on the lungs. The people from the vet are going to think that I just let my animals run free and wild. This time, however, it’s all the Hubby–I wasn’t even outside when it happened. I’ve had Max for over six years and Buster for over five and I have never had this many problems in such a short span of time.

In other news, Charlie’s physical therapy evaluation went well. She didn’t go over every specific with me, but seemed pleased that he grabs things with his right hand (new trick), and puts weight through his legs. This is actually a brand-new pediatric clinic and she is still getting it off the ground, so I didn’t get a real good idea about what things will be like. She is nice, though, and I think we’ll like working with her. She set an immediate goal of independent sitting within three months, an intermediate goal of getting in the crawl position, and a long-term goal of pulling to a stand. This is the second time someone has mentioned pulling to a stand, so I’m going to have to get together some strategies for that one. She’d like to see Charlie once a week minimum.

Movin’ right along!

Comments

He looks like he has a scrap on his head…poor baby!! It’s the worse thing…to tell someone they have to pay or put the animal down. You are either a monster and put loads of family pets to sleep or you go outta business becuz you can’t make any money by giving free pet care. Vicious Thing!

I knew Charlie’s therapy would go well. And he will tackle that next task like the fighter he is…Go Charlie Go!!

2. blairspage says:

Hey girl… I’m so sorry to hear about your dog! That’s awful… please tell me the people who hit him stopped? I hate going to the Vet. Especially when it comes to the after-hours place. It’s very sad to see people not being able to care for their animals!

Yeah for Charlie! He’s doing great!!!

Our Physical Therapist is coming by today at 2.

How sad about your dog. I’m glad to hear he seems to be doing okay, though. I’m sure it was scary though!

I bet it’s exciting to hear people talking about long-term goals with Charlie!

4. Awww…Poor Buster. I hope that he is feeling better soon.

As for Charlie…You Go Boy! Keep showing them who the boss is!

Stacy

5. Aww, poor Buster, glad he is OK! I have never been to an emergency vet place but I am sure I would NOT like it!

It’s so awesome to have both short and long term goals with Charlie!

6. Mannyed says:

Poor Buster!! I hope he recovers quickly! Did he sneak outside for a taste of freedom?

Charlie is certainly going to be busy meeting all his goals! Looks like the next few mths should be promising!

Do your animals get along nicely with Charlie?

7. Seeking Serenity says:

Poor Buster. I am glad to hear he is doing ok and doesn’t have any broken bones. I have a yellow lab at home that means everything to me.

8. White Hot Magik says:

I am glad Buster come out of that relatively unscathed. I am glad Charlies physical therapy went well. I am just curious since you mentioned being concerned about Charlie possibly getting chicken pox, has he had the vaccine yet, I don’t recall what age they give them.

9. Poor Buster!

10. HIT BY A CAR?!!!
    Oh, poor dog! He looks pretty good, though, he must’ve taken it like a champ.

You know, it’s funny, but I’ve gotten to the point reading your blog that I myself feel proud when I read about Charlie and all he’s accomplishing. Go Charlie!

11. therextras says:

You’ve done well, Bird, managing therapy and doggie ER! I’m glad to hear you report positively on the PT eval. No doubt you will pick-up strategies from watching her.

This is really true. Our dog Jenny looks a lot like your Buster. Thank goodness he wasn’t hurt worse! Last May another dog attacked Jenny while I was walking her on a leash. That was our first experience with a vet ER – not quite as bad as yours. Thank goodness for God-created loose-skin around her neck. 4 puncture wounds only skin-deep. The stitches and meds were costly. But having her still with us – priceless!

12. Poor Buster, I hope that the vet gives him the ok, and his teeth aren’t too damaged..

I am so glad to hear that it went well with the therapist, those are the good ones, the ones who make goals like that!
    Hugs,