Grumping

I’m grumping a bit about Charlie and his therapies. I get this way sometimes. . . I just feel like we’re not making any progress. I know this isn’t true, but sometimes his progress is so slow that it’s hard for me to see. I feel like we’re moving through quicksand.

The thing is, I hate when special needs mommies whine too much. Don’t get me wrong, fighting with insurance companies sucks, and some people are horrible toward those with a disability. I just don’t want to become one of those people who doesn’t see the beauty in my child. Charlie is a neat, neat, neat kid. He’s a hard worker and he has such a charming personality. No one deserves my time and energy more than he does. But I still get so worried–maybe he’s going to stop progressing, maybe I’m not doing enough to help him, maybe there’s nothing I can do. It’s hard, but I know that being a parent is always hard. With Charlie I just worry about different things than most parents.

So, enough whining. Watch this video. Charlie invented this game, and he just loves it. It may look a little scary, but he can’t get enough. Things are pretty good over here.

I’m sorry for those of you who can’t see this!

Comments

1. That is too precious! Like skydiving for babies. :)

lol…what a cutie…

chin up you guys are doing great!!

♥~♥ :oD most smiles are started by another smile… :oD ♥~♥

I love his game!! Be careful he doesn’t do that with someone that doesn’t know the game….or it’s bonk on the floor. He’s so cute!!
    And don’t sweat it. The pros that are on Team Charlie see the progress. Sometimes we are too close to see things that others do not….like the kids that go away in May 3foot 3 and come back to school in August 4 foot 6!

Charlie is doing great!!!

And I think Max is living with one of the neighbors. If he has such a personality that he would walk up to strangers, he’s with one them.

4. I think it’s normal to get grumpy and down about things no matter what it is we all go thru with our heads held high and a positive attitude but have days that we just get down about things and want a break.

I can’t watch the video here at work but I will watch it at home tonight, he’s just so cute!

Cute! I wish I could hear it. I’m imagining the sound effects to be just great. He’s such an amazing kid!

6. The video cheered me up today! Charlie looks great, and don’t you love it that your husband really plays with him? I’ve seen so many husbands just kind of “ignore” babies until they can interact/talk more. Really peeves me off, must be the not having enough nuturing gene? I go up and down with all sorts of things, I think your feelings are totally normal.

I’m stuck doing laundry today and cleaning. The hubby is doing a phone retreat thing tonight after work until 10pm. Maybe I’ll take the kiddies to the movies….the only problem is they just don’t have any good kid movies any more that are pg and under! I was eying that Nims Island…we’ll see.

It’s looking like I’ll be in town 6/22-6/28. We need to do lunch somewhere fabulous, and just think you won’t have to “warn” me about Charlie, how refreshing! xoxo

7. Antonella says:

My damn pregnancy hormones! The video got me all teared up! I can’t believe how far Charlie has come! I can only imagine how hard it must be for you…hang in there. He is really a gorgeous little boy and he looks so happy and strong. You guys are doing a great job!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    Antonella

8. Hooray for Charlie! I love those baby games. :o)

I know just what you mean about feeling like things are sort of stalling. I was thinking that earlier today about my little Q and feeling all demoralized and whiny.

I also know just what you mean about not wanting to sound all demoralized and whiny.

(See me rolling my eyes at myself?)

Anyhoo, just wanted to throw you a virtual hug or head pat or latte, whichever you’d find more useful, and let you know that you’ve got at least one other person on the same page with ya, baby. And thanks for sharing here — I’m drawing sustenance as I read. Which is invaluable.

Have a lovely weekend.

9. I’m not sure who’s having more fun in this video–Charlie or your husband.

10. That was a great video! So much fun–I like how he doesn’t want to do “come back” all the time–he just loves “away!” 😉
    I understand it must be very difficult for you because his progress is so slow–you want to see things happen and happen in a way that makes a big difference–and there’s nothing you can do to speed it up, so you get frustrated. Just han gin there–it’ll all happen in its own time.

11. desperate housewife says:

That looks like a game my husband and daughter would love! Also, I loved your comment about baby torture!

12. Elizabeth says:

That video put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing it!

13. fertylemyrtle says:

I haven’t seen a baby yet that doesn’t love that game! I love to read about Charlie & see his sweet little face. I think he is absolutely adorable!

14. A great video. Charlie’s laughter is contageous.
    And I agree totally with your words.
    I also refuse to turn my son’s life into a constant whine. An occasional sharing of frustration and sadness, yes. But mostly a celebration of the joy that is his life. I am glad that I’ve found your blog.