The Cat Came Back

. . .but it wasn’t the very next day.

Two weeks and five days after his mysterious disappearance, Max appeared in my mother-in-law’s backyard. She lives a little less than two miles away from us.

He got a pretty ugly gash on his side and he’s really skinny. Other than that, he seems fine.

What has he been up to for the last three weeks?

Comments

1. Elizabeth says:

Welcome home Max! Whenever my cats would disappear and then return home in a similar condition my father would always comment that they had been out “tom catting”. At least Max is finally home safe!

I am so happy for you! I’ve been reading every day to see if he’s come back.

3. Awwww…we thought he was a goner but the cat came back!! How funny that he appeared in your mother-in-law’s yard! Yay! I’m sure he’ll get tons of TLC and is happy to have found his way back!!

So glad he’s back!
    Maybe that was what Charlie was praying for?
    Has Max been to your mother’s before?
    The wound looks like it’s been healing. It looks old.
    And we can call off the hit on the neighbor lady with all the cats…or do you think she got scared and kicked him out in fear???
    Woo Hoo!! Max is back!!!

5. courtneym says:

I am so excited Max is back!!! That is awesome!!! I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival home!!! I think nadine is right- that was what Charlie has been praying for!!! :o)

6. Leucantha` says:

Yeah! The video of Charlie was so cute!

7. *doing happy dance* YAY! MAX IS BACK! I am so relieved and ecstatic for you. I’m super happy that Max is back with his family. I hope his wound heels up quickly and he fattens up soon!

YAY!

8. Glad to hear that he is back. My guess was that he was having more fun than you can imagine!

9. Such great news!!!!!

10. Sukie Bitchmont says:

Yay Max! Lots of food and love is in order!

11. Haz Bien says:

That’s wonderful news! Glad he’s finally home. How crazy is that how he ended up in your MIL’s yard?!

So glad that Max is back!! I am a long time reader, but have not commented until now. Charlie is so cute and you are doing a great job being his mom. Love your blog!! Jmac

13. lamaschida says:

I am so happy for you that Max is back! (happy for Max too)

14. You guys are so great. I had no idea so many people were worried about my cat. I felt silly being so upset, but what can you do? I’m thrilled that he’s back.

I just KNEW he’d come back!