The Little Boy Who Could

What She Wore: Scoop-neck tee with gray and coral floral pattern; blue jeans; strappy, coral sandals.

What She Ate: For lunch I’m going to have a decadent pasta of one type or another. For dinner, I’m off to my MIL’s who’s cooking dinner for us and for my husband’s brother and his wife. They’re visiting from Florida (lucky bastards).

Ok. It’s Friday and I’m off to do things like eat lunch with my family, so I’ll fill today’s post with videos of my lil man.

First, here’s one of him prop-sitting. The last time we videoed his progress he could do it for over fifteen seconds. Down below, you’ll see that he’s now doing it for over a minute. So far, he’s not sitting independently, but he has made so much progress. Go, baby go!

The next video I’m going to put up is one that I think addresses Charlie’s vision issues perfectly. Charlie does have vision, but it’s confusing, so he tends not to use it as much as he could/should. The doctors are fairly certain that he’s blind on one side (hemianopsia). This is pretty obvious if you’re around him for even a short amount of time. Also, he tends to not look at things unless he really wants to. He’s perfectly content to rely on hearing and touch. In this video he’s kicking his kick mat, which he really loves. He’s smiling, enjoying himself, and because I’m on his “bad” side, he hasn’t noticed me. When I talk, you’ll see him look all over and then locate me with his eyes. Once he’s discerned my location it’s back to fun and kicking. No more looking needed.

Finally, here’s a video of part of our stretching routine. We stretch both hamstrings several times a day. I’ve found that if I sing while we do it, he loves it.

Yes, I know I sound like a complete dork, and no, I don’t always talk like that. That’s my baby voice.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Comments

Mom’s are supposed to be dorky. It’s part of it.

And He is so beautiful and again, You and the Hubs is doing a terrific job. Charlie is a very happy baby.

Go Charlie Go!!

2. Elizabeth says:

Great videos! Charlie looks amazing… and he looks so strong! I almost got the impression in the 1st vid that he was only putting up with that sitting business for your benefit. πŸ˜‰

Dorky? Methinks not! You sound like a mom!!

3. desperate housewife says:

I sound WAY dorkier when I sing to my kids.
    Charlie seems like such a happy little guy! It reminds me of my son a lot, except that Eli’s only happy like that roughly twenty-five percent of the time. The rest he is grousing at me to feed or hold him RIGHT NOW!

4. I’m at work and can’t watch those videos here but even the pictures are cute, I love that you post so many pictures of Charlie!

Hope you are having a good day with the fam!

Sounds like you’re going to have a great day with your family.

I’ll have to watch the videos at home when I have sound to get the full effect of the dorkiness. πŸ˜‰

Happy Easter!!

6. Yeah, I could never watch videos at my wordk either. They banned EVERYTHING–youtube, blogger, myspace. They blocked so much stuff and sometimes we wanted to look for something for teaching and we still couldn’t look at it. Sigh.

7. Ms. Newbie says:

My goodness, how time flies! He looks like he is doing wonderfully, definately making progress – yeah charlie!!
    ~K

8. carrie224 says:

He’s doing great! What a CUTIE!!!

God bless :)

9. Man, does that kid EVER cry? He always looks so happy! Both my kids are always throwing fits, and they started early. And if you sound dorky, you’re just doing your job. Except you don’t sound dorky. And you’re still doing a great job.

10. 1) Thank goodness God (or who/whatever) gave that child to y’all and not some dumbshit.
    2)Your patience with and love for that child are inspiring.
    3)You do sound like a dork–but that’s OK…it’s for a good cause.
    4)Is it wrong that I want to sing “Eye of the Tiger” and pump my fist in the air: “He’s the king of the fight!” Go Charlie! he is also the cutest thing ever.
    5) My favorite non-Charlie thing in those videos was this: “Sit back Dad; you’re blocking my light!” That just made me laugh.
    Happy Easter weekend.

11. I was so happy to see those, thanks for sharing them with us! Charlie is an all around happy lil man, isn’t he! I think that has to do a lot with how good his mommy and daddy are!

12. Haz Bien says:

I can’t say it enough… Charlie is so stinkin’ cute! He sure is one lucky guy to have parents who brags on him and are as proud of him as you & your hubby are.

going to have to come back towatch videos…stupid 10 million year old computer here at work with no speakers…

*~* :o) the shortest distance between two people is a smile… :o) *~*